Current Closures Information
As of: 07/21/2017
- All areas/formations are OPEN! -
Last Updated: 04/27/2017
Park management closes some areas temporarily or seasonally to:
- protect nesting raptors' habitats
- protect hikers passing below trailside routes
- allow overused areas to recover from erosion
- further assist with the recovery of the California Condor
There are currently NO climbing restrictions in the park. Please double-check and observe all closures before climbing.
The tables below indicate CURRENT closure status by climbing formation as of today: 07/21/2017.
(Pinnacles climbing closures typically begin in January and are in effect until July)
See Protection of Nesting Birds of Prey on the Park's Raptor Advisory page for additional information (including maps).
Coming Soon! Closure Maps
All formations are OPEN.
Confused about closures? Play it safe, here's a list of popular areas that are ALWAYS OPEN.