- COVID Update - Park Closed For Day Use
(posted: Mar 28, 2020)
As of Saturday, March 28, Pinnacles National Park will offer very limited services outside those that support visitor or resource protection. The Park will close to all day-use visitors and vehicular traffic.
Summer Speaker Series Final Month
posted: October 13, 2012
Please join us for the brand new speaker series at Pinnacles National Monument being held at the new Visitor Contact Station in the park for the second, third and fourth. The Speaker Series concludes this month.
The presentations are free and last 30-60 minutes each. All series events are open to the general public. Bring the family, kids activities are included!
The Month of October focuses on the Climate Change and Green Energy.
- A Changing Climate: Fact and Action
October 13th, 2:00 pm
- Sarah-Mae Nelson, Climate Change Interpretive Specialist at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, will share the essentials of what is happening with our changing climate, and what we can do to slow the change and adapt to our new environment.
- The Power of Renewable Energy
October 20th, 2:00 pm
- What are you going to do in the current energy crisis? What are the benefits of renewable energy and how does it work? Gareth Gregg, from Cal-Power Inc., will bring his mobile light station to show us the ins and outs of renewable energy.
- Cosmic Time
October 27th, 7:00 pm
- Astronomer and spacecraft systems engineer, Eric Dahlstrom will be comparing the long timescales of the stars with geologic and human time here on Earth. After a short talk, we will move outside to look for objects in the night sky.
The final three speakers will be presenting at the new Visitor Contact Station on the west side (Soledad) of the park at 2:00pm, $5.00 park entrance fee applies.
Highway 146 on the east side and west side of Pinnacles National Monument do not connect, there is no direct route through the park. To attend these special programs make sure you enter the park from the west side, near Soledad, CA.
Chief of Interpretation
Pinnacles National Monument
5000 Highway 146
Paicines, CA 95043
(831) 389-4486 ext 265