- West Side Opening With Limitations
(posted: May 31, 2020)
Pinnacles National Park is beginning to increase recreational access to vehicles for day-use visitation on the West side, with limitations.
Temporary Closure at Teapot Dome and Ball Pinnacle
posted: February 15, 2020
For Immediate Release
The area within the following boundary is closed to public access for the protection of wildlife:
- All climbing routes on Teapot Dome and Ball Pinnacle are closed
- A 200-foot area arcing south around Teapot Dome and between the formation at the Tunnel Trail is closed to off-trail hiking
- Rock formations north of Teapot Dome, such as Wedge, Arch Pinnacle, and The Owl, remain open.
Violation of this closure (36 CFR §1.5(f)) or 16 U.S.C §§1531-1543 is punishable by a fine of not more than '$5000 or imprisonment not exceeding six months, or both.
Climbing routes closed to public access:
- Wooly Bear
- Teapot Dome—Regular Route
- Teapot Dome Crack
- Green Dolphin Street
- Lower Teapot Dome
- Ball Pinnacle
Additionally, all off-trail hiking around the southern side of Teapot Dome or Ball Pinnacle is prohibited.